Marketing automation is the next big thing in the digital marketing world. Which is going to reduce lots of money and time of marketing and also the involvement of human resources. Most of the industry already using either some part of automation like email automation or social media automation or else full marketing automation. Let’s understand first marketing automation and how to use marketing automation in digital marketing in our marketing automation 2018 guide.
Its a marketing software which allows you to automate any repetitive marketing task, which follow certain process to complete. Marketing automation is nothing but a software, which does certain fixed task instead of human doing.
You can also understand this in a way like in your home you have mixer for grinding or mixing work. First thing why you should buy mixer, if that task can be done by any family member. Answer is – Its a daily task and if human will do then it will take lot of time. So you buy mixer and it automate your daily task, save your time and accuracy is high as compared to human work.
In Digital Marketing there are certain task, for which we can use marketing automation software to do. If we do then it will consume our lot of time and also to be competitive and highly accuracy we need marketing automation software.
Digital Marketing Repetitive Task:
- Send intro emails to prospects – Sending emails when they signup or inquired anything about in the website. Automate the task of sending product details, bills after payment, etc.
- Follow up emails: – Sending series of followup email to keep engage and push the customer towards the sales until they buy.
- Send greetings to clients on events – Sending emails on occasions like Diwali, New year, Christmas, etc or organizing any events.
- Update the social pages – Keep updating the social pages frequently to keep engage your audience and build brand image in market.
- Connect with prospects
- Publish new blogs
- Create collateral
- Event Coordination
- and lot more are there.
1 Big Reason of Using Marketing Automation in Industry: Relationship Building & Lead Nurturing
Yes, this is the one of the big reason industry uses marketing automation software in there organization. It help them to build relationship with the organization, nurture them and make them ready to push towards the sales.
Marketing automation software works in 3 stage
- Attract & Automate (Send greetings, occasional email, case study, reports in specific duration)
- Nurture (Find the interest and based on that engage and educate on particular product)
- Convert (Provide them offer, discounts and close the deal)
Top Marketing Automation Tools
IBM Marketing Cloud
Leadformix from Callidus
Marketing Automation Challenges
- Complexity of the system ~ Requires Tech savvy marketers.
- Lack of effective strategy ~ Lack of expertise on using this platform for achieving the business goals
- Inadequate data quality ~ Difficulty in integrating legacy data from multiple sources
- Budget constraints ~ A little expensive and does not give desired ROI if not executed properly.
20 Marketing Automation Features
1. Email Marketing
2. Bulk social media posting
3. Social media listening
4. SEO Audit Reports
5. Landing Pages
6. Web forms
7. Lead Nurturing / Drip Campaigns
8. Asset management
9. Webinar / Event Creation
10. Behavioral Tracking
11. Split testing
12. Predictive analytics
Sales: Core Marketing Automation Features
13. Real-time sales alerts
14. Contacts Database & ListcSegmentation
15. Lead Scoring
16. CRM Integration
17. Outlook / Gmail Integration
18. Account-based marketing
19. Task Management
20. Website Visitor Tracking
Social Media Automation
Social Media Automation can be defined as using specialized software tools to automate specific social marketing tasks such as:
• Manual content posting
• Monitoring the engagement
• Replying to responses
• Grow followers
8 Best Social Media Automation Tools
1. Hootsuite – Publish, Monitor and Track
2. Buffer – Publish and Monitor
4. CrowdFire – Grow Followers and Publish
5. SocialOomph – Publish and Monitor
6. IFTTT (IF This Then That) – Automates a broad range of activities based on
7. Tailwind – Automates posting in Pinterest
8. Postplanner – Automates sharing of content to your Facebook page.
Implementing marketing automation tool is also not very easy that’s why you need marketing automation expert. Here is the few reasons or barriers to marketing automation success:
Hope you got the basic idea of marketing automation, If you have any query then please comment below. Or If you would like to add any other tools in the list, please give your suggestions below.