With billions of active users on social media daily; it’s hard to ignore the fact that social media is a very powerful tool to use for our businesses to date. If you’re not on it, then most likely your competitors are, and that should not be a good thing.
Unfortunately, having a social media profile is not nearly enough to bring in those expected sales and leads you’ve been wanting. Social media may seem as easy as 1-2-3, but in order to achieve your goals in 2019, you really have to dive in and prepare a social media strategy to improve your overall effectiveness.
To make things a little easier, we have put together an article with a step-by-step guide to get you started with your social media preparation for the upcoming new year:
1. Establish Your Social Goals that Align with Business Goals
Remember you are using social media to gain an increase in leads and sales and maybe more traffic – so you want to make sure the content you are sharing aligns with the goals of your company. Don’t just post random, unappealing posts but make these posts visually eye-catching and informative. Make your consumers want to find out more about the specific product or service.
Try out tools like Sprout Social or Facebook Analytics to find out which posts or campaigns are doing the best and what is not working for you.
2. The Use of Chatbots
It’s one thing to utilize direct messaging via our social media platforms but to enable chatbots for a quicker response (within a 2-minute response rate or less) makes your customer service a whole lot easier. Though there can be downfalls to using chatbots like mistakes could be made and service quality may suffer, or freeze in their tracks – but it enables you to interact quickly with your audience in a way that feels personal.
Chatbots can be customized to your brand voice and send personalized content directly to users. Or you can hire a Brand Experience Agency to do the stuff for you.
3. Choose Social Media that Benefits You
Think back to 2018, were the social media platforms you are using work in your favor? It’s one thing to have a platform but if it’s not doing any justice for your business, then why waste time on a platform when you can spend more time on something else. Below are some main social media platforms and what they are used for:
- Facebook: Facebook is a popular platform when doing social research. It’s been around for ages, and is a great platform for resharing or sharing articles, updating customers on new promotions or products, and/or posting several photos at one time.
- Twitter: Twitter has about 319 million active users a month. It is great to use when posting short, straight forward content. For businesses, it’s a fast and easy way to engage with customers on the move.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn is the leading B2B social media platform. It’s an excellent platform for those in the professional world to connect on a more serious level.
- Instagram: Instagram has more than 800 million monthly users to date. It’s used primarily by Millenials and is a great platform to easily share high-quality visual content while engaging with a wide-ranged community.
4. Stay on Top of Your Game
As you should already be doing this; it’s always nice to be on top of things and schedule your posts way in advance. Once you figured out the top two or three social media platforms you should be using for your business, then start thinking and planning content for the upcoming week or so. A good consistent schedule of posts will keep your customers engaged. There are various platforms you can use to help you stay organized and some let you even schedule and will post for you. Try using apps like Buffer or Sprout Social to get started.
5. Using Engagement to Create a Community
Social media is obviously about connecting with like-minded people and more. Social media is becoming into a world of communities – take advantage of focusing on building relationships with your customers in order to help strengthen your bonds with your followers and develop loyalty and trust.
Author: Usman Raza is the co-founder of Christian Marketing Experts and marketing strategist working with various brands online. Usman is the content marketing manager at Digital Marketing Agency LA, PSD to WordPress, and Royalens.com. He is devoted to helping small businesses bridge success gaps by providing in-depth, actionable advice on digital marketing, SEO, and small business growth. Follow him on Twitter@usmanintrotech.