Facebook is now one of the top social media platforms to connect with each other’s and before WhatsApp, it was the no 1 choice of the user but now in 2018, it’s the second choice. As per statista report by June 2017 total 2 billion users are using Facebook. Imagine you wish to sell anything then Facebook is one of the best places to reach the maximum number of people. In this article, I am going to explain Facebook ad guidelines and types of Facebook ads to kick start into Facebook ads. Facebook has its own advertising platform called Facebook ad manager. Or if you have a page, then you can directly see the options for creating ads from your page. Facebook ads help you to do b2b or b2c marketing, branding or sales.
Why you use Facebook Ad:
Highly Effective – Facebook ads are highly effective in generating results and getting better ROI. It’s suitable for B2B business as well as B2C businesses and almost 95% marketer Facebook as the best and most effective social media advertising platform.
Easy to Setup & Start at Lower cost – Facebook ads setting up process is very easy as compared to other advertising platforms. It’s very user-friendly and any non-tech guy can also create ads here. AdWords minimum amount to start ad campaign is 500 approx. but in Facebook, you can start with 60 rs approx. in a day.
Reach to right customer – Facebook Ads gives you the facility to reach to the right customer, you can target customer based on demographic data like age, gender, occupation, salary, etc and geographic data like city, state, country, or a particular radius. Apart from these common options you can target customer based on their interest and liking.
Easy customization – Facebook ad can be customized any time and hassle-free. It gives feature to adding new placements, and you can improve the quality of ads. You can also customize the campaign objectives, target audience, bidding amount, ad delivery, etc.
New Features – Facebook research and development team keep on working on its modules to improve the performance. Almost every month Facebook updates its feature in order to give better solutions or return to the advertiser.
Facebook Ad Special Feature
Lookalike Audience –
It’s one of the great features of Facebook ads which differentiate Facebook advertisement platform with others. Facebook lookalike audience features give the option to select the target customer who has similar interest. Or also based on the customer who has similar interest you can target through lookalike audience option.
Facebook Pixel –
Facebook Pixel is a feature of Facebook ads through that you can create ads and target the visitors who visited the website on the specific period of time. It’s a code which you need to integrate into your website under the head section on header.php file. Then it will start keeping the records of people who visited the website and based on that data you can create ads.
Interest-Based Marketing –
Facebook gives you the option to create ads based on the interest, you can select the customer who is interested in any specific product or brand. For example: If you are selling the t-shirt, then you can target the customer who recently shown interest in t-shirt products or people who are following t-shirt brands.
Facebook Ad Campaign Types or Objectives:
Facebook basically divided its ad campaign into 3 part: Awareness, Consideration, and Conversion. It’s important to understand Facebook ad guidelines to create Facebook ad campaigns.
Facebook Awareness Ad:
This section helps you to create awareness ad campaign, this will help to create an ad campaign for the branding of product or service or about a company. Also, this section will increase your post reach the maximum target customer.
- Brand Awareness – Facebook brand awareness campaign objective is to increase the branding of the company or product to the interested customers. This ad campaign is helpful for creating awareness about the product or service among the target customer.
- Reach – Facebook reach campaign objective is to increase the ad campaign reach to a maximum number of interest customer or people. This ad campaign is good if you want to get maximum reach or impression on your ads.
Facebook Consideration Ad:
It’s one of the most used Facebook ads campaigns, consideration objectives help you to create an ad to get more traffic to your website, get the huge number on app downloads, Video views, increase engagement in post, lead generation campaigns.
- Traffic – Facebook traffic objective campaign will give you the number of traffic to your website or in apps. This campaign is good if you want to generate traffic from Facebook to your website. Here your budget is spent based on the traffic you are getting from this campaign to your website.
- Engagement – If you want to get more engagement in your post like share, comment, likes, event responses, offer codes engagements then you can use Facebook engagement campaign. Here your budget is spent based on the engagement you are getting from this campaign to your ad.
- App Install – Facebook App Install campaign will help you increase your app install through the Facebook ads. Here your budget is spent based on the number of apps installed by the customer.
- Video Views – If you have video on your website or in YouTube or in the Facebook page and want to increase the video views then this is the right video Facebook ad campaign. This campaign will also help you to get more subscribers and share of video on Facebook.
- Lead Generation – All the business want to generate leads and Facebook lead generation campaign will help you to reach right target customer and generate leads. In lead generation, you can collect customer details like Name, Email id, Mobile number, city, etc and for each lead, you have to pay here.
- Message – If you want people to send you the message through Facebook messenger on your ads then you can use this campaign.
Facebook Conversion Ads:
It’s a basic sales concept where you create ads and pay to Facebook when the certain conversion happens with the customer on product or service or based on your objective.
- Conversion: Conversion is Facebook Ad Campaign through that you can create ads and you pay to Facebook ads only when the customer or visitor visits the website and do some action like Fill inquiry form, subscribe to the blog, etc.
- Catalogue sales: Facebook gives you the feature where you can upload the products and sell directly to customers. It will show the products to the target audience and generate sales for you.
- Store visit: This ad campaign will help you if you want to increase the customer store visit who are nearby to your location.
These are not only the Facebook objectives but also it’s a Facebook Ad campaign type. Hope you understood the ad campaign types on Facebook and you will be able to select the right ad campaign as per your need.
Facebook Ad Formats:
Facebook gives you the facility to create multiple types of ad formats to get the maximum number of clicks and reach advertiser objectives. Here is the list of Facebook Ad Format:
Video – Advertiser can create the video ads.
Image – Advertiser can use the image to create ads on Facebook.
Collection – It’s a catalogue ad, where you can display the number of products to visitor from the catalogue collection.
Carousel – This gives you feature to display up to 10 images or videos to your customer in a single Facebook ad.
Slideshow – This option will help you create a story with images, sounds, and motion, which can improve your ad engagement and clicks.
Canvas – One of the best ad format for mobile users, which allow them to see in full-screen mode.
Lead Generation Ads – Facebook lead generation ads will help you to collect your lead details like name, mobile number, email address, etc.
Offers – This feature helps you to create offer ad campaign in image, video, and carousel.
Post Engagement – You can get more engagement on your ads with this.
Event Responses – If you are hosting any offline or online events and looking for more number of participants then use Facebook event response ad format.
Page Like – If you want to get more page like then you need to use this type of ad format.
Based on your objective, campaign type you have to select the ad formats to get maximum benefit from your ad campaign.
Facebook Ad Guidelines:
For creating Facebook Ads it’s important to understand the Facebook ad guidelines for the ad format of:
For each ad you need to create different format and size of ads. Read Facebook ad guidelines to know more details.
Hope my Facebook ad guidelines and Facebook kick-start guide will help you to create ads and sell products easily. If you have any query or issue into Facebook Ads then please comment below.