For creating a website in WordPress, you need 3 things: Domain, Hosting & Website Codes (Files). While buying domain understand the key factors to consider when choosing web server software or hosting. A better hosting will help you to increase your website speed, better performance in your budget. You can buy the domain and hosting from same service provider too, but while buying domain read this How to Choose the Best Domain Name and then buy. Now I am going to discuss further how to choose the right hosting for your blog or site.
What is Hosting :
Web hosting is nothing but space, which you buy to upload your all files into a place from where anyone can access. In hosting or web server we store our all data like coding files, images, video, etc. It provides the technologies and services needed for the website or web page to be viewed on the Internet. Websites are hosted or stored, on special computers called servers.
Below is the example of hosting: Watch below video for more details
Here you can see your address act as a domain name, furniture, & other accessories act as a Data files and House acting as hosting or web server. Where you are keeping all your files, and through the house, you are going to access everything.
How to choose a web hosting service:
1. Understand your hosting needs first:
- What kind of website are you building?
- Do you want something common (a WordPress blog, or need developer options)?
- Do you need a special version of software (ie. PHP)
- Does your website need special software?
- How big (or small) can the web traffic volume go?
- Your Budget & Scope
Ask all these questions with yourself or consult with the developer and make a list of it, While choosing hosting plan match everything.
2. Investigate on host reliability and uptime guarantees:
Consult with hosting provider upon the service guarantees and reliability of server.
3. Study web host upgrading options:
Check whether they are providing options to upgrade plan when its needed to you or not. How much they will charge while upgrading, understand the cost and features they are providing in upgrading plan.
4. Check all hosting features:
Understand what kind of benefit you are getting from your hosting providers such as the number of addon domains allowed, bandwidth, RAM capacity, business emails, tech support health, free domain and other things based on your needs.
5. Check prices on both sign up and renewal:
Some company charges less for 1st year but when you go for renewal, they will charge very high. That time you may face the issue, so better be ready with all options.
6. Check hosting control panel & it’s user-friendly or not:
This is one of the important features to look while buying the hosting if you are not a tech guy, I suggest must check the interface. If you are not able to work on it then buy from some other place. Take feedback from existing customer or read a review about it on the different blog.
7. Other supporting features:
Last but not the least, check for hosting provider other features ie. site backup, environmental friendliness, and other things then compare and buy.
The features you should look when Choosing a hosting plan
- Unlimited hosting (Bandwidth + Storage)
- Tech support
- Bonus features
- Enhanced malware protection & Secure site certification
- Malware and spam protection
- Free domain
- Easy site builder
- Online store and selling tools
- Money back guarantee
- Google tools for websites – including AdWords, sitemap, site search, etc.
- Scalability – so you can customize your site
- Dependability – your company should have a reputation built over several years for consistent service and staying power
- Multiple servers to ensure that you and your site are protected
Top 5 Web Hosting Service Providers
- Inmotion Hosting
This list is as per my usage and based on the recommendation I am suggesting you, Please compare price and check the services then only buy. However If your concern is on best service support and budget is not constraint the go with Godaddy, Hostgator or Bluehost. If your concern is on budget-friendly service support or if you are new into Blogging then I suggest starting with SiteGround or Inmotion Hosting.
Video: How To Select The Best Hosting For WordPress Blog Or Website
It will give you more clarity about Domain Name, Hosting and Web Files, and also on how to select a best hosting plan for WordPress blog or website. If you have any query then please comment below and also If you are looking for coupon codes for them, please comment the company from where you are buying the web hosting.