Preparing for a digital marketing interview is a big question, digital marketing is very vast now and nobody knows what question interviewer will ask you. But another fact is a number of job openings are growing with the growth of digital marketers. I have attended many interviews also taken too, my team helped many of our students to get places in Accenture, Google, Facebook and some other top companies as well as mid & small size digital marketing agency. Here I would like to give you some basic facts you should not forget while preparing for the interview.
Important key factors to keep in mind:
1. Company Services/ Product or what they do?
2. Job Description
These 2 things if you can understand properly then clearing interview will be easy for you. The company profile will give you an idea of what the company does, what product or service they sell. Based on this thing you can analyze what they need from a digital marketer. You need to prepare your own strategy to promote and sell their product or services before going for the interview.
The job description will tell you what they want from you, read carefully the job requirement, skills required and other important data. This data will help you to prepare some of the questions for the interview. If they are looking for SEO then you need to focus more towards the keywords, link building and other techniques of SEO.
Now how to prepare a resume for interview:
Most of the people have a common resume, but this is not the best way to approach for the interview. For shortlisting always prepare resume wherein top or first-page highlight about your skills and experience. The second page onwards writes in more details about your experience and expertise.
Once you are shortlisted and going for an interview, prepare a resume which is sort and describes a lot about your experience, skills, certifications, achievements etc.
Freshers always prepare 1 or 2 pages resume, not more than 2 page and experienced can prepare based on their work and expertise but not more than 5.
Some Frequently Asked Digital Marketing Interview Questions:
- Explain digital marketing?
- In what segments you can categorize digital marketing?
- What is SEO and how it helps businesses?
- What are on-page and off-page optimization?
- Explain some best SEO Practices?
- Why is online marketing preferred more than offline marketing?
- What is keyword streaming?
- How to identify bad links and ways to remove?
- How to build backlink fast?
- Name a few keyword research tools?
- Why you do the competitive analysis?
- Explain about Google Adwords?
- Name some method to promote digital marketing?
- How can you increase traffic to a website?
- What are the top digital marketing tools you are aware of?
- What do you understand by Google AdWords Remarketing & Retargeting?
- What attracted you most to be a part of the Digital Marketing Industry?
- How has your qualification helped your digital marketing career?
- What have biggest challenges you faced in your digital marketing career so far?
- What are the things that you prefer most in the field of Digital Marketing?
- In the digital marketing industry, where are you expecting to see yourself after five years?
- How are you going to rate yourself on the scale measuring 1 to 10 based on your knowledge in the field of Digital Marketing knowledge?
- What made you apply for this position in digital marketing?
- How are you going to drag the attention of a greater number of potential buyers for the products /services offered by our business via Facebook or some other social media forum? Discuss.
- Do you find anything wrong with the digital marketing tactics that we are adhering to right now? How would you like to change it?
- How are you going to set up-track-analyze whether a campaign you conducted was a success?
These are some common digital marketing interview questions, apart from this there are a lot of other questions the interviewer can ask. It’s more important to understand business requirement and job description if you are clear with that then you will easily crack the interview.
Some of the companies conduct the written test, where they try to understand your English, Aptitude, Reasoning, and creativity. So find some material in google and try yourself at home before going for a test. I hope this article would help you to clear interview and get a job. If you need any other help then please comment below, me and my team always ready to support you.
Graduate Digital Team