Now, I will be going to discuss in more details about blogging platform and how to select best blogging platform as per our ideas, cost and technology need. And also we will be going to compare between WordPress Vs Google Blogger & select best one for blogging. I hope on my previous post “Introduction to blogging” helped you to understand basics of blogging. Below I attached video explanation of the content, watch and create a blog easily.
Top 10 Blogging Platforms:
- Live Journal
Comparison Between Blogging Platforms:
I took an image from startbloggingonline.com, it will give you a tabular comparison between top blogging platforms. Please check below image:
Here you can see the comparison of available blogging platforms on the basis of cost, hosting need, custom domain, mobile friendly, available themes and plugins, easy navigation and usage, business blog, best suite for beginners.
On above image, you can see the best-rated blogging platform comparison and here mainly you need to understand based on cost and ease of use. So Google blogger is one of the best options and WordPress is better for business and professional blogging.
Comparison Between WordPress Vs Blogger:
Google blogger themes are limited and its features are limited and owner of the website asset is Google, Not you are. If anything happens in future like spam or virus, Google will remove all data from the server and you can’t get it back. But in WordPress, you are the owner and if anything happens. Your complete data will be stored in your hosting space.
But in WordPress, you are the owner and if anything happens. Your complete data will be stored in your hosting space. WordPress provide wide range collection of Free & Paid Themes as well as plugins. Check below image for comparison between blogger and wordpress:
Here you can see the difference between WordPress free version wordpress.com and paid version wordpress.org with google blogger based on various factors. If you want to create a professional and long-term blog then Start with WordPress and if you are new to blogging and don’t want to spend more on blogging then go ahead with blogger.
Criteria for selecting best platform:
If you want to become a professional blogger and earn money then while selecting a platform, you need to keep in mind following things:
- Core functionality: The best blogging platform is that whose interface is simple and you should easily understand.
- The Editor: Ensure your list of requirements includes an editor.
- Managing assets: Managing images and files, Editing Tools are easy with your selected blogging platform.
- Search: Your blogging platform should provide fresh content, Speed is high, and good ranking options are available.
- Customization: It should allow you to manage content through content management system – CMS and you are able to change the design when required.
- User interaction: The best blogging platform should provide you best user-friendly interface and accessibility to its content easily.
- Roles and permissions: A blogging platform should allow you to manage multiple users with the different level of permission.
- Versioning: Recovery, workflow.
- Multiple site support: It should support many website & blog.
- Multilingual support: Platform should support multi-language so that you can reach to any visitor with their regional language.
Limitation & Issue with Blogger:
- Google Ownership – The owner of the blog is not you, all rights and contents rights reserved by google.
- After spamming all content will be removed by Google – You don’t have control of your assets.
- Content management features – Content management feature is less as compared to WordPress.
- Permission & Control level is less – Google blogger won’t allow you to manage multiple users with the different level of control to users.
- Portability- Moving is complicated from one blogging platform to another.
- Page Size Limit Set At 1 MB – You can’t create a page with more than 1 MB size in blogger, however, WordPress is limitless.
- Reselling of the blog is not allowed – Officially it’s not allowed by Google to sell blogs.
- Reputation issue – Google blogger is not as branded as WordPress because of its features and business usage.
Requirement Table For WordPress & Blogger:
|Coding Knowledge||Yes, Basic HTML & CSS||Not Required (HTML, CSS, Php, Java Script)|
It’s a basic requirement or comparison for the nontech guy, based on this also you can select the platform for Blogging.
Video Tutorial On Above Content: How to select blogging platComparisonarioson between WordPress vs Blogger
I hope this tutorial is helpful to understand blogging platform and selection of blogging over WordPress or blogger. On my next tutorial I will be explaining about how to create a blog in blogger, so keep reading my blog. If you still have any query then please comment below. And comment your blogging platform, I will share tutorials based on your selection.