Social media is one of the very important parts of digital marketing, no business can neglect this. Now learn how to utilize social media for your business and reach to your objective. Read top social media marketing strategy in 2019-20 businesses, Digital Marketers, or Blogger will follow based on past experience to increase website traffic, generate leads, do more sales, branding, personal selling, mass & niche marketing and much more.
What is Social Media Marketing:
Social Media Marketing (SMM) is the process of reaching to prospects customers through different social platforms to sell product or service or to create awareness and branding. Some people say it social media optimization strategy, However social media optimization refers to focus on utilizing the social platforms properly to reach target customer. As per current industry requirement, I define social media marketing is the process of generating leads and do more sales instantly with the help of social media platforms.
Nowadays people don’t wait to build awareness about the company than promoting the product and at last encourage the customer to buy. In 2018-19 all business, digital marketers effectively utilized the power of social media to generate leads and sell product or service directly rather than focusing on awareness. I analyzed social media marketing strategy used in 2018 and based on various factors, prepared the best strategy for social media marketing in 2019-20. Let’s see the chart of social media users on top different platforms:
In this image, you can see Facebook is having the highest number of users as compared to other platforms. Apart from this I have gone through many articles and research papers and prepared top Social Media Marketing Platforms in 2019 many business and digital marketers are going to use:
- Facebook – Mainly for business to consumer and business to business.
- Linkedin – Mainly for business to business.
- Twitter – Mainly for business to consumer & business to business too. Tweeter recently increased its tweet length up to 280 Character so It’s a good sign to connect with the customer and we can express our views more clearly now.
- Instagram – Mainly for business to consumer & business to business too. The aim is to show creativity and attract customers through images.
- Whatsapp – Mainly for business to consumer & business to business too. Whatsapp Business is coming soon, it will give lots of facilities to advertise also, It’s my prediction I am not sure.
- Google Plus – Mainly for business to consumer & business to business too.
- Pinterest – Mainly for business to consumer, The aim is to show creativity and attract customers through images.
Apart from these there are so many social media marketing platforms are available, but the question is how we are using these platforms to reach our goal. Social media also helps in improving your Website ranking and support SEO.
Social Media Marketing Strategy:
2019 Is almost end now, so what people are going to do in 2020, how they are planning there social media strategy and calendar. For building a good social media strategy you need to understand your business objective, customers, market demand, competitors and your USP – unique selling proposition. So let’s build social media strategy:
Set your goal and objectives:
Before planning for social media activity, first, you should understand what you want. Set your goal like “I want to sell 10000 clothes in 50 days”. Make sure your objective and goal are relevant and supporting each other. The best goal is something which is SMART (S – Specific, M – Measurable, A – Attainable, R – Relative & T – Time-Bounded).
Identify Customer & Do Market Research:
Prepare a buyer persona or a list – Which contain all details about best buyer customer like Age group, Gender, Salary, Occupation, Location, etc. and do research on the market. What your competitors are doing, how’s the demand in the market? Most important where is your target customer or on which social media platform your customers are available more.
Prepare social media marketing strategy:
Now you have complete information about your target customer, where you can find them, how to reach them, what competitors are doing. Based on the data, check your budget and prepare your marketing strategy.
Now I will prepare a small social media marketing strategy to sell 500 youngsters men’s clothes in 10 days and each cloth price is 2000 Rs and user can buy anywhere from India.
My Target Customer Details:
Age : 20 to 30
Occupation: Students, Job Seeker, Employee, Business Man.
Likes: Clothings, Shirts, Shopping and Some Clothe brands
Avalible: Facebook – Groups related to shopping, clothings, Instagram.
This data I prepared just for the demo while preparing customer details please consider demographic, geographic, behavioral data. Now I understood my customer are available in facebook groups, So I prepare social media calendar based on products.
Day 1 Monday: I will share any one category products to all groups related to shopping, clothing.
Day 2 Tuesday: I will share another category products with all groups related to shopping, clothing.
and like this prepare your strategy for 7 Days.
While doing Social Media Marketing Strategy note down these things too.
- Now If you want customer will visit your website, then share a link or call you then drop mobile number there.
- Always use an attractive title to get more clicks on your link.
- Add good images (Less text but attractive)
- Don’t post too frequent in any group.
- Try to change content and title in each group.
- Don’t spam group, Give relevant information.
- and much more are there, I will share in next post.
I hope this article is helpful for you to build social media strategy and most of the business is going to use the same social media marketing strategy in 2020, but based on product or service you need to modify your strategy. If you are facing any issue on building social media marketing plan for your business or blog, then comment below. I will try to help you to reach your goal.