Email marketing is one of the direct forms to connect with customers. All top businesses are using email marketing to sell there product or service online. So let’s understand “what is email marketing and how does it work for your business & how you can utilize for your business to grow sales or generate leads” instantly through sending emails.
What is Email Marketing:
Email marketing is a direct form of marketing that uses electronic mail via the internet as a means of communicating commercial messages to a subscriber or customers. Each email we send to the customer is we can call marketing mail, the purpose of it to influence the customer to buy products.
Email marketing is one of the best marketing techniques and less costly as compared to print media. Print media is very costly and not very focused as compared to emails. Let’s take an example of Hoarding If you are selling bags and you kept hoarding in the best place in the city for one month. Now My Question:
- Can you tell me how many leads or have you generated?
- How many sales increased because of hoarding
- What’s the ROI
- Effectiveness of hoarding
Well, it’s difficult to answer this question, But in email marketing, you can check how many people opened your email, how many clicks you get on your sales link. How many people bought your product or generated leads through subscription or any other method. That’s why many businesses are using email marketing.
Why Email Marketing:
- Cost is less with better ROI.
- You can measure its impact.
- Instantly test and improve email campaign performance.
- Easy to use and anytime you can use.
- Reach to the specific customer with specific emails.
- More targeting options and facility to nurture and close deals.
- Autoresponders and automation help you to reduce your task.
and much more are there.
How Email Marketing Works:
Here you can have a look at old or general email marketing system:
First, we plan how to go ahead with email marketing, build strategy as per business, after planning we think about identifying prospect customer, collecting email id and other details, ways to send emails, and how we can track them or influence customer to buy. I hope you are getting what is email marketing and how it works.
Now in 2018 Email Marketing Strategy would be very different because of tools and techniques available to utilize and generate instant sales. Autoresponders and automation are taking place in human work, now you don’t need to focus on creating an email for each subscriber or customer and send. All work is been handled by automation tools.
Top Email Marketing Tools:
- MailChimp – Mail chimp is one of the old email marketing tools and very popular, who allows up to 2000 subscribers to send email free. It also has autoresponders and automation system.
- Zoho Mail – Zoho also offer free emails with a limited number of subscribers, but its automation is very good. If you are looking for creating professional or business email id. You can create here.
- GetResponse – I used this tool, easy navigation with good features and If you have just started then go ahead. Its $49 plan is very good for startups up to 5000 subscribers.
- Constant Contact – Its a one of the largest & growing email marketing tool in the world. Because of beginner-friendly email marketing service facility. You can easily manage your contacts, list, email templates, automation, results, analysis and more.
- AWeber – Aweber offer a good range of tools for small & medium size businesses. You can easily integrate with other platforms including WordPress.
apart from these, there are many more like: Convert kit, campaign monitor, active campaign, etc.
Here is the comparison of different email marketing tools:
This will help you to select the email automation tool as per your need.
Email Marketing Techniques:
Select the tools from above or any other also who provide you feature of email automation, segmentation, targeting, tags, scoring, etc. And based on that we build sales funnel and plan lead nurturing.
This is the latest email marketing techniques going on, with the help of the tools, you can create funnel or pipeline by CRM. First you need to build email list then through campaign you identify leads. Once leads identified, move them to another camping for nurturing. After good nurturing when leads are ready to move for sales, You start sending mails to buy product or service or share offers. And finally your lead will get converted into customer.
If lead is not converted into final customer then again start email lead nurturing process for next round of sales. I am sharing the story of email automation, email lead generation, lead nurturing in sort. Will discuss in more details on video soon.
I am using the similar kind of funnel for my email marketing and generating good leads and sales, If you are facing any issue on building right sales funnel then get in touch with us on [email protected] or whatsapp: +91-7671952010. I will try to solve your problem. Few people are utilizing Social Media Optimization & Marketing for email marketing.
I hope this tutorial help you to understand what is email marketing and how it works. 2019-20 Is going to be a big change in digital marketing. Lots of tools and techniques are going to come. If you are using any tools, then please comment below and give review about it. This will help my readers to buy best email marketing tools.